Our vision is a church of genuine, God fearing people, meeting and following our one true God and His son, Jesus Christ, in the power of His Holy Spirit. Our relationship with God is expressed through our discipleship of youth, the fellowship of our church, and by serving the Lord by all means within our capabilities. In the power of God’s Holy Spirit, our mission is to faithfully disciple our youth; to provide a loving place of fellowship for true believers in Jesus Christ; to serve one another and our world (with special emphasis on the weak, the needy, and the forgotten); and to express God’s love, mercy, and grace through arts and crafts.
- Spiritually lead our church and community through the Holy Spirit.
- Convey God’s unceasing love, grace, and mercy to one another and our world.
- Learn about God, allowing His Holy Spirit to work in and through us.
- Develop scripturally sound ministries that meet people’s greatest needs.
- Demonstrate uncompromising conviction in the truth of the Word of God.
- Emphasize faith and prayer in our daily lives.
- Experience God’s presence in our worship and praise.
- Demonstrate faithfulness and generosity in our giving.
- Organize to reach the goals given to us by God.
- Serve in the strength of our spiritual gifts.
- Demonstrate unity in spirit in all that we do.
- Show Godly love for one another and our community.
- Evangelize and minister to a lost world.
- We will express these goals on three levels: personal, church, and community.
Personal. We will seek to grow spiritually by allowing God to transform us more each day into the likeness of Jesus Christ. Each of us is at a different point in this process, and it continues as long as we live on this earth. We will “fight the good fight” of faith.
Church. We will seek to do our share within the body of Christ of which we are a part. Our fellowship with other believers creates a strong bond that fortifies the church and blesses its activities.
Community. As we each become increasingly transformed into the likeness of Christ, and as we become committed to one another in Christian fellowship, we will come to know how much God loves all people. Accordingly, we will fulfill our duty to love all people and especially to help, as best we can, those in desperate need, both in our own community and in the world.
statement of faith
The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God and is the supreme and only authority for faith and practice. We accept the Bible as our manual for living.
There is one God, who is the creator and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He became a man without ceasing to be God. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where, at the right hand of God the Father, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts He gives new life to us, empowers, and imparts gifts to us for service and seals us for the day of redemption. People are created in the image of God, but as a result of sin are lost and powerless to save themselves.
Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness – our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace; God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation and thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life – the true Church.
Jesus Christ will come again to the earth personally, visibly, and bodily to judge the living and the dead and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.